DATE: AUGUST 5, 2021
SUBJECT: AMERICAN LEGION, POST 46, AUGUST MONTHLY MEETING HELD AT FRANKLIN MEMORIAL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH, MOREHEAD CITY, NC.
Meeting opened by Commander John Sotirkys.
Prayer by Post Chaplin Robert Blake.
A quorum is present.
Previous meeting notes and. Finance report were not available. Will be at next meeting.
Welcome to new members; Anna and Patrick Holm and Hilton O’Neil.
Do we want to have an Early Bird Dinner?
- All post members who have paid prior to November 10th will be included.
- Date/location to be determined later.
- Thomas motioned, Clay seconded, motion passed.
Does the post want to host a First Responder breakfast.
- Thomas motioned yes, Clay seconded, motion passed.
- Will be held October 23rd; 9-11
- 8/21-District meeting-need recommendations for food.
- Subs, NoName
- 8/22-Paddles for Battles-12-5 in Pollocksville
- 9/30- Stand Down-Civic Center-NCWorks
Good of the Legion
JR Baseball Team made it to state
- They are going to participate in the parade.
- They are doing great things in the community.
Parade is going forward.
- Post and VCCC are paying for advertising.
- We will get website and registration updated and online soon.
- Will print cards with link once site is up to date.
- Bob Kirk is going to check on getting the $50 fee waved for application from the police department.
- Veteran in need.
- Needs assistance with rent – $825 total
- Waiting for unemployment.
- Bob Kirk motion, Bob Pyer seconded- make up the difference of what the other posts do not cover.
Nothing further to come before the meeting.
Closing prayer by Chaplin
Adjourned by Commander Sotirkys at 6:42